Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rainbow Swiss Roll

Life is full of colours! Don't you agree? There are lots of ups and downs, happy and sad saperations, reunites....etc etc..;) There are lots of "happenings" around me this year. Good friends around, surprises and lots and lots of fun! Though there are few sad moments but we just have to face it. Take it happily since those 'sad' moments already exist...:)
Went for my medical check up yesterday, but the result was not what i expected...:(
Anyway, i'll except whatever comes to me happily...always tell myself, "I'm blessed"..:)

Okay, back to my kitchen, i'm not going to let anything to ruin my baking interest, hee hee! Here's something that i think will cheer me up!



Colours! Tend to play with those colours in the swiss roll i planned to bake. And the result was satisfactory. That actually cheers my girl more..haha!

Here's the recipe for you..:)

Ingredients:
(A)
5 Egg yolks
40g Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
50ml Cornoil
50ml Milk
110g Flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder

(B)
5 Egg Whites
90g Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar

(C)
Some jam or kaya or buttercream you prefered.

Method:
~ Preheat the oven at 175'C.
~ Rub a baking tray (15x10") with some cornoil then lined with baking paper, then rub another layer of cornoil on the paper. Leave aside before using.
~ Beat the egg yolks and sugar for about 5 minutes then add in the milk, beat until well combined and add in the rest of the (A) ingredients and mix till well blended.
~ Whisk the egg whites fr (B) till form soft peaks. Add sugar and cream of tartar and continue to whip till stiff.
~ Mix (A) and (B) together in 3 portions till well combined
~ Divide the mixture into 3 portions. Mix pink or red into one portion, green in another and leave the 3rd one uncoloured.
~ Pipe each coloured portion into a lined baking tray.
~ Bake at 175'C for 15 minutes, and remove from tray immediately onto a wire rack to cool completely.
~ Spread the cooled cake surface with some prefered jam then roll gently up.


Here's a picture before baking....

Here's the one after baked.....


Try it out and let me know. Bet the kids will love it before they taste it..;)

Enjoy!!





10 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! I just happened to stumble upon your blog. This cake looks absolutely amazing. GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Moogie! Welcome to my blog....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m going to try this one soon. My previous attempt for swiss roll failed. The base of the cake was so hard as a slab of rubber. lol. I didnt whisk egg whites and egg yolk separately. Could it be due to this? Anyway,Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Evy, sorry for the late reply...;p
    I juz got home yest night fr a trip, and there was lots of things to settle before i check on my mail....
    Yes, you should beat the eggs separately, and becareful not to over beat the egg whites, it can cause the cake harden too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello..Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I tried to beat egg yolks and whites separately and it works!..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Evy, so happy to know that you succeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I hopped over from Honey Bee Sweets' to your blog. I'll like to try making a tricolour/rainbow swiss roll one day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Blesses Homemaker, welcome to my blog..:)
    I'm happy to share all the recipes and i hope you'll enjoy it too...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made 3 different flavors roll from your recipe and they all turned out great! Mocha, Coffee and Green Tea flavors. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ewchoy168,
    You are most welcome! Hope you'll like all my recipes that I posted. Happy baking...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails